This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: linking OBJ files
- To: vandana yesoda <vandana dot yesoda at wipro dot com>, cygwin <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: linking OBJ files
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:08:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
Short answer, you can't easily mix objects from different compilers. You need
to rebuild the object from source using gcc and you need to convert the
otxdrv.lib to a library format that the GNU ld understands. You should be able
to find what you need in the archives and from pointers at
--- vandana yesoda <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> i got the following linker error:
> warning: ignoring duplicate section `.text'
> when i tried to link the otxdrv.obj file which is generated by MSVC
> using gcc, the obj file source code is written in C. And when i ran the
> exe. i got run time error :
> [main] f:\personal\learn\parsertest\seq\file1.exe 1002 (0)
> handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> [main] file1 1002 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
> Thanks in advance and sorry if this is been answered earlier.
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com