This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
the 20 hour build
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: the 20 hour build
- From: "Tom Weichmann" <tomcw at localnet dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 00:21:51 -0700
- Reply-to: tomcw at localnet dot com
I was building X11R6.4 from source. I started the build at
10:pm. It started out very fast just like any other build except that
this one kept going until about 6:pm the next day!! Actually it
never completed. The build had slown down so much I could not
stand it any more. It was taking about 10-15 minuits just to chmod
or cd to a new directory. I have cygwin 20.1 with bash-2.03 make
3.78.1 gcc 2.95.2 running on Win98se on an AMD K62 366. Does
anyone have any idea what causes this slow down? Compiling
small programs works just fine.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org