This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 3 bugs
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: 3 bugs
- From: Paul Sokolovsky <paul-ml at is dot lg dot ua>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:01:43 +0300
- References: <38FD8878.87CE1817@crocodial.de>
- Reply-To: Paul Sokolovsky <paul-ml at is dot lg dot ua>
Benjamin Riefenstahl <email@example.com> wrote:
BR> Hi all,
BR> For any file that Explorer can't deal with, try using this syntax in
BR> del \\?\c:\tmp\xxxxx
BR> The Prefix "\\?\" tells NT to do no parsing at all on the file name but
BR> pass it to the file system driver unchanged.
Nice feature and fully answers original question. I'll try to
comment why it's hardly usable to make cygwin less fastidious about
- it works only with nt, not 9x
- it requires full path
- it doesn't allow too much, e.g. it lets that dot at the end, but
not filename containing ':' or '*' .
BR> so long, benny
Paul Sokolovsky, IT Specialist
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org