This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe[i] only creates directory tree
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: setup.exe[i] only creates directory tree
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:12:48 -0400
- References: <200004201926.PAA01591@jaj.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 03:26:13PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
>I'm subscribed to the digest, but haven't seen this mentioned lately.
>The setup.exe (built yesterday afternoon, it tells me) does an excellent
>job of creating the directory structure, but doesn't retrieve anything.
>It prompts for the FTP site, says it's connected, thinks about it for a
>few seconds, then exits with "Installation took 79 seconds."
>There's nothing there afterwards. What am I missing? :-)
Possibly you're missing a valid ftp site, from the sound of it. If you're
using sourceware, it's pretty overloaded right now. I would suggest
trying various ftp sites.
Alternatively, you can download the tar files yourself to one directory
and just run setup there, using the 'd' option.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com