This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CYGWIN-1.1.0 trouble: 40 to 80 sec delay if no network connection
- To: Ulrich Jakobus <u dot jakobus at web dot de>
- Subject: Re: CYGWIN-1.1.0 trouble: 40 to 80 sec delay if no network connection
- From: Cygwin <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:07:52 -0400
- Cc: "cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <m12k8el-003zBsC@smtp.web.de>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 06:57:53PM +0200, Ulrich Jakobus wrote:
>> Also, if you run "strace -osomefile /bin/pwd" it will probably be
>> obvious what is causing the delay. There will be a really large
>> number in the first field of somefile.
>Unfortunately, this does not work. In can execute "/bin/pwd", but
>trying to run "strace /bin/pwd" results in the message
> strace: error creating process /bin/pwd, (error 3)
Sorry. I should have said "strace -osomefile c:\cygwin\bin\pwd" where
c:\cygwin\bin == whereever is appropriate for your setup.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org