This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Possible race condition with sigsuspend in new net release
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Possible race condition with sigsuspend in new net release
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:21:59 -0400
- Cc: tommy dot reynolds at adtran dot com
- References: <46476C008A10D311BD0A0000C0775CF90151E01C@srv-exchange.adtran.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 08:16:14AM -0500, TOMMY REYNOLDS wrote:
>> I don't have any problems running zsh but there were some signal fixes
>> that went
>> in after 1.1.0 was released. Could you try a recent Cygwin snapshot and
>> firstname.lastname@example.org know if it works any better?
>I reran the test using the 2000-04-25 snapshot and got the same results: the
>stand-alone program hung but correctly ran to completion under the "strace"
Ok. I managed to duplicate this sporadically on my Win95 laptop. It looks
like an incompatibility between Win95 and WinNT.
I've worked around this in the code. I've just restarted a snapshot. If you
want to try it, download today's snapshot from
Make sure that you download a version of the DLL which has a ChangeLog
entry that mentions "exceptions.cc".
I don't know when you'll be reading this but the snapshot probably won't
be ready for another hour or so.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com