This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Local setup fails (even 1.30)
- To: jorg dot schaible at db dot com
- Subject: Re: Local setup fails (even 1.30)
- From: Adrian Phillips <adrianp at powertech dot no>
- Date: 27 Apr 2000 17:31:11 +0200
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <002568CE.003E2E69.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Jorg" == jorg schaible <email@example.com> writes:
Jorg> installing the new Cygwin 1.1.0 from a local directory on my
Jorg> notebook (German NT4 / SP5), the installation fails
Jorg> completely. Setup creates several directories in the chosen
Jorg> root (c:\ or anything else), finds the *.tar.gz files, but
Jorg> fails to extract any of the tar files (although claiming "No
Jorg> Error")! I confimed this behavior on my office running
Jorg> English (UK) NT4 / SP3.
I had the same problem using setup.exe from the 24th (I believe) on
Windows 2000 Server (English). The same problem was reported in the
archives a few weeks ago and was solved by running the install from
the directory above latest, and this worked for me.
Anyway, I just want to thank all the Cygwin hackers for such a
wonderful product, anything to keep me away from the clicky clicky
world of micro$soft.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org