RE: cygwin programs won't end!

And another followup... (This does sound rather similar to the current 40-80
second delay issue).

According to the administrators here there were some network problems
yesterday, but they're gone now.

However, I now have a different, related, and apparently worse, problem with
my cygwin programs. Yesterday, they ran, but then waited for ages before
giving me back my command prompt. Today, they don't run at all, but after a
minute or so start giving me error messages. For example:

[c:\]diff
    0       0 [main] (unknown) 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 258, Win32 error
0
    0 10024362 [main] (unknown) 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 258, Win32 error
6
10024615 20048977 [main] (unknown) 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 258, Win32
error
6
10024207 30073184 [main] (unknown) 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 258, Win32
error
6

These errors appear at intervals of c. 15 seconds, and I CAN now kill the
program using C-c, but I can't actually run any cygwin programs...

Richard Stanton
Associate Professor of Finance
Haas School of Business
U.C. Berkeley