Tips oin getting Cygwin 1.1.0 onn your computer without using setup to contact the FTP

This worked for me.
1) Download load all .tar.gz files.
2) download bootstrap.zip
3) Download setup

While you are downloading all that, please put them in what I call a holding
directory. A holding directory is c:\tempdir or e:\tempdir

4) unzip bootstrap in tempdir. This will create c:\tempdir\bin and
c:\tempdir\tmp
Now, tricky part. copy or create a batch fiile with the following:

work.bat
path=%PATH%;c:\tempdir\bin

save to work.bat

type work.bat
type tar
if tar responds, then you did it; You created a bat file that will let you
read the c:\tempdir\bin
type setup
follow prompts.
If it goes though and does not create any directories at the root directory,
try this.

Do you have all *.tar.gz?
If all you have is *.tar, then type gzip *.tar
Remember, you are doing all this from holding directory, tempdir (or
whatever you named it)
If you now have a set of *.tar.gz. try again with setup
Now, go to the root directory, and find cygwin.bat under c:\foo\bin
Type cygwin
bash should show up.
Now, important tip,
type gcc -v
You should get a message about the name of the compiler and when it was
made, GCC 2.95.2 (19991024 stable release) or somethiing like
CONGRATUTALTIONS: V.1.1.0 is now installed on you machine. Go recompile
something with the new compiler.

WARNING: I SHOULD NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOU COMPUTER.
THIS METHOD IS NOT GUARENTEED TO WORK WITH YOU. YOU MAY NOT UNDERSTAND.
DON'T HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR COMPUTER GETS FRIED IN THE PROCESS. I AM
NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF RED HAT OR CYGNUS SOLUTIONS. I AM JUST A DEVELOPER. MY
EXPERTISE IS GENERAL PROGRAMMING, MOSTLY GRAPHICS AND SOUND. NONE OF MY WORK
HAS BEEN PUBLISHED BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO.

Chis, I hope this
Robert McNulty Junior
Robedmac productions