This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Tips oin getting Cygwin 1.1.0 onn your computer without using setup to contact the FTP
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Tips oin getting Cygwin 1.1.0 onn your computer without using setup to contact the FTP
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:43:18 -0400
- References: <001f01bfb0b3$244995a0$e24f1004@default>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
All that you need to do is download the non-src .tar.gz files into a
temporary, empty directory. You may be able to do a wildcard download
to accomplish this. Download 'setup.exe' there. Run setup.exe. When
it asks if you want to install from the internet (i) or the current
directory (d), specify 'd'. That's it!
This is not a mystery and should not require special detailed
instructions. There is no need to download anything beyond the above,
set any environment variables or behead any chickens.
Hopefully, the changes that I just made to setup.exe will solve a few
more of the proxy issues and you won't have to download files manually.
However, if you do need to download manually, please use this relatively
On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 08:43:15PM -0500, Robert McNulty Junior wrote:
>This worked for me.
>1) Download load all .tar.gz files.
>2) download bootstrap.zip
>3) Download setup
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com