This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [mingw] Status of availability of features which allow correct and seamless support of DLLs in current GNU-Win32 releases
- To: mingw32 at egroups dot com
- Subject: Re: [mingw] Status of availability of features which allow correct and seamless support of DLLs in current GNU-Win32 releases
- From: Mumit Khan <khan at NanoTech dot Wisc dot EDU>
- Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:43:40 -0500 (CDT)
- cc: libtool at gnu dot org, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> O, I used to ask Mumit Khan why he distributes such outdated,
> 19990818 binutils for mingw32, and got answer that there's bad
> attitudes of binutils maintainers towards pe frontend. Now, when
> official Cygnus release contains the same, I see that's true...
I take exception to this statement. The binutils maintainers may
not be PE hackers, and it's fair to say that most of the gurus
tend not to pay much attention PE as to say ELF, but saying that
they have "bad attitude" is entirely unfair. If I ever said anything
that may have suggested this "bad attitude", I certainly didn't mean
it in a negative way and I apologize for any misunderstanding.
I for one have not submmitted some of the patches that may fix
problems in the PE target, and certainly have not lobbied as hard
as I could have to get some of the queued changes in. My usual
excuse is the lack of time. Please let's not point fingers, it's
I'll read and respond to the rest when I get back from vacation.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org