perl scripts, file permissions, and external apps

Hi I have what is probably a pretty stupid question but
I've read the manuals, searched the archives etc and couldn't find
an answer.  I'm updating perl scripts using gvim 5.6 for Win32 and
after saving my changes the permissions on the file change so
that I have to do a 'chmod 777 *.pl' to be able to execute them
again.

Things I've already tried:

    - adding #!/usr/local/bin/perl to the first line of my script
    - changing the fileformat within vim to dos|unix etc
    - mucking with the CYGWIN environment variable currently @
      SET CYGWIN="tty notitle ntsec binmode"

Is there anything I can do to keep the permissions from changing
rather than installing a different ( cygwin friendly ) version of Vim.

thanks!

--
B r i a n  S t u r k              E.E. / Software Eng.
http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~bsturk