Re: Things you can do with Cygwin

At 01:43 PM 5/3/00, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com> wrote:
>-8<-
> >
> > Perhaps its worthwhile, if people want to discuss the GPL and its details,
> > and offer their opinions on its interpretation, that this discussion move
> > to a forum that discusses such things.  I'm not sure that this list's
> > bandwidth is best consumed by those offering their interpretation of the GPL
> > when there are other places where such things are addressed.  Just a
> > thought...
> >

>I would agree; however, this is a discussion not only of the GPL but how the
>GPL affects CYGWIN and my program that uses it.  This then is beneficial to
>this list.

OK, I stand corrected.  If this discussion stays on target and addresses how
the GPL version of CYGWIN affects someone's program and that differs from
how the GPL would affect that program if it used some other GPLed library,
then I would agree that continued discussion should remain on this list.  If
the discussion becomes one of various people offering their opinion of what
the GPL means and what it affects, it seems beneficial to move that
branch of the discussion to a more appropriate venue.

Larry