Re: Problems running configure script

On 3 May 2000, Soh Kam Yung wrote:

> I'm having problems running configure for wget with the new Cygwin Net
> release.  I didn't install all the tar.gz files, so my guess is I need to
> install a package (or more) to get it working but I'm not sure which one.
>
> Below is the ouput that I'm getting:
>
> > ./configure
> configuring for GNU Wget 1.5.3
> checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied

These errors result from bash's problem with cat, you get this kind of
error if you type:

 $ cat << FOO
 $ text....
 $ bla
 $ FOO

And configure uses /bin/sh. It could be you linked this to your bash ?
You will solve this using the real "sh" not "bash" and saying

 $ sh ./configure

Hope this help... Stefan.