Re: BUG REPORT: Latest snapshots break ./configure

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 11:32:22AM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>> On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 02:04:38PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>>>It appears that the latest snapshots break ./configure's.
>>>They mostly work, but when they get to the point of actually generating
>>>makefiles, sed errors out with 'unrecognized command' errors.  I have
>>>not been able to track down the exact cause of this.
>>>
>>>The 2000-4-10 snapshot works fine, the 2000-5-6 and later ones don't.
>>>I'll let the class know if/when I can narrow it down further.
>>
>>You might want to check the mailing list archives for previous reports
>>of this problem.  They all seem to be related to the fact that the new
>>net release mounts things in "binary" mode now.
>>

>No, it doesn't seem to be related to that, at least not directly.  I've
>got the new net release, and everything's fine as long as I don't use
>too new of a snapshot.

You might want to check the mailing list archives for previous
reports of this problem with relation to newer snapshots.  They all
seem to be related the the fact that the new net release mounts things
in "binary" mode now.

The problems that you are reporting are related to this problem
99.999999999% of the time.

cgf