ld -shared

Hi,

Is the -shared option to ld supported?.

I know it was not under version beta 20.1 (ld said so if you tried
using it) and this feature was listed in the TODO list. I've now
installed the net release and ld no longer complains and the
corresponding TODO list entry has disappeared.

While this leads me to belive it is supported, I'm having problems
using it. Essentially what I have, in a file a.c, is:

void b(void);

void a(void)
{
   b();
}

On a Unix box I can create a shared library with:

gcc -c a.c
ld -shared a.o -o liba.so

But when I try this on cygwin I get an unresolved reference to b -
exactly as if the shared option is ignored.

Thanks for any help,
Jon