Re: Windows NT version of grep -- Does it do recursive file searc

>    Alain Magloire,
>
> 	Thank you very much for help. I just grabbed bash.exe from CGYWIN
> and installed in c:\winnt\system32. Then I typed bash and it created the
> environment you referred. Then I typed grep "Clara" *.java from within the
> shell and it responded with error message: grep: *.java: No such file or
> directory. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

It means you do not have any files with the extension ".java" in your
current directory. if you type "ls *.java" does it give the same
error ?

Since this has nothing more to do with GNU grep, I'm redirecting you
to the cygwin mailing list for proper assistant.  I believe
the website is still
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

--
au revoir, alain