RE: text / binary mounts (sorry)

> >So is there anyway to have 'echo Hello>//h/junk' produce a
> 6-byte file?
>
> Yes.  You use the mount command that was mentioned previously
> in this thread.

If you are referring to 'mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /cygdrive', I
tested it before I sent the original email and again after I recieved your
response.  Even after doing so,
	echo Hello>/cygdrive/h/junk	yields 6 bytes
	echo Hello>//h/junk		yields 7 bytes

If, on the other hand, you are referring to something like 'mount -b H:\\
//h', it returns without error, nothing shows up in the output from 'mount',
and I still get a 7 byte file.

I even tried 'mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /' to no avail and 'mount -b
--change-cygdrive-prefix /' gave a "mount failed: Invalid argument" message.

I may just be thick-headed but I didn't get what mount command you were
referring to.