RE: New version of setup.exe with fixes for i686-pc-cygwin/* problem

Here is how I've managed to avoid problems in my UNIX->Windows ports: I
wrapped all open's in a routine that (among other things) change all "read
only" opens to text if not specified, and all "read/write" or "write only"
opens to binary (still if not explicitely specified).

Thus providing an implicit default like this (perhaps for a drive mounted
"-a") should be quite good. Note that "read/write" in text mode is quite
difficult to implement and use correctly, especially if one seeks before
writing... :-), so the best default in this case is "binary".

Chris, do I understand correctly that above, when saying "read text, write
binary" you are speaking about the default mode for open's where neither
O_TEXT nor O_BINARY are specified? otherwise reading a file in text mode
then switching to binary when writing the same file will most probably give
quite weird results ;-(

Anyway thanks for the good job, 1.1.2 seems what I was waiting for.

	Bernard

> This will essentially provide a third mount option, like "-a".
>
> cgf
>
> --

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingéniérie