Re: How does setup.exe handle duplicate files?

DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I don't see how this policy guarantees that the correct instance of
> > a duplicate file is always installed.
>
> It doesn't.  There is no way to know which version is the correct
> version.  It's a problem that hasn't been solved yet.

Perhaps a quick and easy solution would be to rename the distribution
files so that they begin with the date.  That way you know that the most
recent file is installed, at least (provided the installer is sorting by
filename).  Or the installer could just sort by modification date (more
work).

Carl Thompson