RE: naive request: Cygwin and Windows/DOS program

Do you want something that translated the command line arguments between
the two environments? Shell scripts are your friend...

    milhouse% cat `which iexplorer`
    #!/bin/sh

    CMD='//C/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE'

    if [ "$1" -a -e "$1" ] ; then
        D="`dirname \"$1\"`"
        D="`cd \"$D\" ; pwd`"
        F="`basename \"$1\"`"