Re: Is -mno-cygwin support being removed???? (What th'?)

If I am understanding this correctly, it sounds like there is a newer
version of mingw which should be merged back into the cygwin
distribution.  Either that or I should just rip out all of this mingw
stuff and let the mingw maintainers deal with the problem.

Why is it that no one has mentioned this "new version" of mingw in the
last two months?  If this solves the ills of all of the -mno-cygwin
users then why are we wasting our time tracking down the problems that
people are reporting?  Why are the cygwin maintainers taking heat for
being "unresponsive" if there is an actual solution available?

I don't mind making a new gcc release myself but I sure don't want to
have to be a detective, tracking down stuff that I'm not particularly
interested in.  With Mumit gone is anyone interested in taking the
responsibility for this stuff?  I don't see any reason for me to worry
about it if there is already solutions but no one has been proactive
enough to inform the readers of cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com until
now.

Probably the best solution is to forward all -mno-cygwin requests to
the the mingw mailing list where they belong.

cgf