libmysql anyone?

Did anyone succeed in getting libmysql compiled for one of the recent
CygWin releases? Did anyone at least try? The most recent libmysql
that I could find (and which I am using currently) is for B20.1, see

http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Unfortunately there are no diffs or instructions how they did it, and
the maintainer would not respond to emails. The MySQL clients and libs
do not build out of the box on CygWin, so it's not a matter of
just ./configure and ./make.

I will look into that if necessary, but

1) I do not want to duplicate anyone's efforts
2) my expertise in porting complex stuff to CygWin is somewhat
limited, so chances are that I won't get it done in a reasonable
amount of time.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Markus

--