Re: Problem with cygwin-1.1.2 gawk-3.0.4 [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-3.0.4]

thanks for your reply. Now, I've clean up a little, :), and attached are three tcl script files. I have "tested" them under Red Hat Linux 6.2/Intel tcl-8.0.5-35 and the do not generate any parse errors or unterminated strings. They were run as tclsh test{1,2,3}.tcl (tehy did not exit but that's an other story.

Now, trying them under cygwin, with cygtcl gives me this:

BASH.EXE-2.04$ cygtclsh80 test1.tcl
couldn't execute "awk": no such file or directory
    while executing
"exec awk $awkCode"
    (file "test1.tcl" line 3)
BASH.EXE-2.04$ cygtclsh80 test2.tcl
couldn't execute "awk": no such file or directory
    while executing
"exec awk $awkCode"
    (file "test2.tcl" line 3)
BASH.EXE-2.04$ cygtclsh80 test3.tcl
couldn't execute "awk": no such file or directory
    while executing
"exec awk $awkCode"
    (file "test3.tcl" line 3)
BASH.EXE-2.04$

and running them under MSVC 6.0/sp3 compiled tcl8.0.5, I get this:

BASH.EXE-2.04$ tclsh80 test1.tcl
awk.exe: cmd. line:1:  { print "
awk.exe: cmd. line:1:          ^ unterminated string
    while executing
"exec awk $awkCode"
    (file "test1.tcl" line 3)
BASH.EXE-2.04$ tclsh80 test2.tcl
awk.exe: cmd. line:2: (END OF FILE)
awk.exe: cmd. line:2: parse error
    while executing
"exec awk $awkCode"
    (file "test2.tcl" line 3)
BASH.EXE-2.04$ tclsh80 test3.tcl
awk.exe: cmd. line:1:  BEGIN {prev=-1; }{ print "
awk.exe: cmd. line:1:                           ^ unterminated string
    while executing
"exec awk $awkCode"
    (file "test3.tcl" line 3)
BASH.EXE-2.04$