Re: still help needed regarding DLL for JNI

Horst Burmeister wrote:
> my problem:
> Then I tried (as suggested by Carl Thompson, using cygwin1.1.2) to get the dll:
>     "gcc -Wl,--out-implib,libNative.import.a -shared -o libNative.dll theNativeMethod.o"
>
> This results in the following messages:
>     Creating library file: libNative.import.a        (sounds good so far ;-)
>     bfd_close: libNative.import.a Invalid operation
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I am really in despair! I am quite new to all this stuff.
> I have no real experience, neither in C++ , nor NT programming.
> So any suggestions are really welcome!

This is because the current version of ld.exe in binutils is broken
w.r.t. --shared. I've posted a fix on the binutils mailing list, but (a)
it hasn't yet been applied to cvs, and (b) even if it had been applied
to binutils-cvs, the cygwin distribution of binutils doesn't include it
yet.

(a) is because there's an understandable delay in processing all the
patches that get sent to the binutils mailing list. (b) is because (I
think) everyone is waiting for Mumit to catch up on all his email and
resume being the cygwin/mingw gcc/binutils guru.

For now, if you need an updated ld.exe email me privately & I'll send
you a copy.

--Chuck