Re: Cannot build Perl

There are a few extra patches necessary to build perl-5.6.0 with the
latest cygwin. While the stock 5.6.0 perl built with cygwin-1.1.0, some
of the recent changes to gcc, binutils, and cygwin itself have broken
things. Eric Fifer has diligently tracked these issues down & fixed
them. He has submitted all of these patches to perl5-porters, so they
should appear in the official perl-5.6.1 release. I believe Eric has
posted 3 post-5.6.0 patches.

If you're in a hurry to build perl, you can go the the perl5-porters
archives at http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/  and
search for 'Eric Fifer' after March 23, 2000.

--Chuck