Re: instalation in other than c:\

> BTW, this brings up some points about the installer. Shouldn't the
> default installation stuff be stored in a global registry setting
> somewhere instead of the current user setting?

If you check the "all users" option in the root path dialog, it will
install everything (registry, desktop, start menu) globally.  You
*did* check that box, didn't you?

I'm not sure what the default should be, but I suspect that the right
way would auto-detect if you had admin privs and select defaults
accordingly.

> Or perhaps some 'user install' utility should be created to set this
> up correctly for each user that wishes to use the shared Cygwin
> installation?

We've thought about that, but better would be to fix mkpasswd so that
it creates a globally usable password file.