Re: xemacs for cygwin lacks dired and shell functionality

--- Terrence Brannon <princepawn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As the title states the xemacs for cygwin lacks
> dired
> and I have started to think in dired after 10+ years
> of use. Furthermore you cant create subprocesses
> from
> Xemacs under cygwin (I think). Another limitation.
>
> I am slaving through trying to port GNU Emacs as I
> write.
 Are you sure about this? I haven't heard that before.
(I confess that I have not tried it.) dired and shell
work fine in the native Windows port of Xemacs. They
also work fine under unix. I can't think of any reason
why they shouldn't work under cygwin.  In any case,
the GNU Emacs folks are on record as saying it will be
difficult to port to cygwin, so you would probably
have better luck fixing Xemacs, if in fact it is
broken.
  Are you aware that many of the lisp packages have
been unbundled from the Xemacs distribution? Could
that be your problem.