Re: Keyboard problems

cgf@cygnus.com on 2000.07.30 13:41:13

>>I'm stupid.  I was translating Delete into Backspace.
>>
>>I have duplicated this behavior but it is no different than 1.1.2 or 1.0, so
this
>>bug was not newly introduced to 1.1.3.
>
>FWIW, Linux does the same thing with the Delete key.  I don't know why.
>The key is properly defined in both termcap and terminfo.  It sounds like
>a problem with either bash or readline.

I've been seeing the same thing on Solaris since I've started using a PC to
telnet to the Solaris box.  I just confirmed that it works perfectly when using
a Solaris box directly.  It may be an interaction of the keyboard with either
bash or readline but I'm not too familiar with how all this works at this level.

Noel

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.