Re: rsh

Becky Purdie wrote:

> Hi, Are there instructions for setting up and using Cygwin's rsh utility? I
> have successfully installed inetd as a service but I'm unclear on the next
> steps to allow rsh from NT to NT machines. I'm getting a few errors: rlogin:
> Connection closed, no /usr/bin/login, Connection refused. Are there any step
> by step instructions documented? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks much.
> Becky

You don't have the login utility which is part of the base distribution.
The user identification is done by login.

Did you read the README in your /usr/doc/Cygwin directory?

BTW: If you didn't install the last three hours, please update inetutils
and login again since I have replaced the packages a few hours ago.

When updating inetutils, take care that inetd.exe and subsequent
processes doesn't run anymore. If you have changed the configuration
files in /etc (inetd.conf, ftpwelcome, ftpusers, shells and motd)
copy them to another location, to be able to restore them again after
installation.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.