Re: newbie: Dos path in bash

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> --- Isaac <Isaac@compuserve.com> wrote:
> > Hi!  I'm a total newbie to cygwin and the list. I'm sure this has been
> > asked before, but I didn't find it in the archives.
> >
> > My DOS path kind of looks like it is converted into a bash path when I
> > start bash (with cygwin.bat) but nothing on the dos path is found.  Is
> > there an easier solution to this than re-building the path manually?
> >
> > I'm on win98.
> >

> What exactly do you mean that "nothing on the dos path is found"?

eg. I have a directory called c:\bat which contains a bunch of batch files
to launch other programs and such.  Those programs aren't found.  the error
message is:
BASH.EXE: ve: command not found

whoa, dude!  I just realized that if I type ve.bat, it finds it.  Hmm... is
there a way to tell bash that .bat files are executables?

Thanks, Earnie.

- Isaac