Re: licensing terms

> Does that mean there is no way to sell a product (executable,
> without the source code) that's been built using gcc & cygwin ? In
> fact, I cannot see clearly what "Cygwin library" means, does it just
> mean "cygwin1.dll" or everything ?

Of course not.  *We* sell cygwin, why can't you?  In fact, we
*encourage* it, as long as you comply with the GPL while you do it.
This does mean that you must include source code, but you can still
charge money for it.

If what you want is to omit the source code, then you have three

1. Get over it.

2. But a proprietary-use license from Red Hat (ask cygwin-info@cygnus.com)

3. Use MinGW or some other runtime.

As for what "Cygwin Library" is, it's talking about libcygwin.a, that
part of cygwin that is actually linked into your .exe.  Although
cygwin1.dll is also GPL'd.