Strange Resetting of HOME

Hi,

I've been using cygwin for some time, but yesterday when
I started it my home variable seems to be screwed up.

I'm running NT 4.0, and my HOME variable is
set to my linux machine samba-mounted home directory.

When I start cygwin, and type type "set", it says

HOME=quit

But a DOS prompt says HOME="s:\"

I typed export HOME="s:"
and this reset the cygwin variable in cygwin, but when I type
> cd
> pwd

I get

quit

I have no idea what I did.  I re-installed cygwin but this
did not seem to fix the problem.  I also checked my
.bashrc for something that might be resetting it, but I
couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Taber

Taber H. Smith, Ph.D.
Director of Technology, SKW Associates Inc.
2381 Zanker Rd., Suite 170, San Jose, CA 95131
Phone: (408) 324-1662;  Email:taber@testwafer.com