RE: Stdin/out with cygwish80.

Your problem is not a tty problem.

When you run a Tk script on a UNIX machine, stdout (and stdin,stderr)
is associated with the window (probably an xterm) that launched the
script.  So if you do a "puts" the output goes to that window.

However, on Windows versions of Tk, stdout (stdin,stderr) are
associated with a separate console window.  It is the "same" console
window that you see if you type "cygwish80" by itself.

One simple solution is add "console show" to your script.
This will display the console window.  For example, try the following:

     button .b -text "Press Me" -command {puts "Hello"}
     pack .b

     console show

The only problem is that the "console" command is not defined for UNIX
systems.  So if you need your script to be portable, you need to determine
whether or not the script is running on UNIX (check the value of
$tcl_platform(platform) ).

Another approach would be to use a text widget and to re-direct your
"puts" output to that text widget.  I have an example of doing this,
but in order to keep this message shorter, I'm not including it.  If
you want it, send me a separate email since this is a little off topic
for the mailing list.

--Mark    stuckymb@utrc.utc.com