Linking C & Fortran

I have not gotten on this board for sometime, but still read it.  I would
like to thank the developers for doing a *great* job!

I assume it is possible to link C and FORTRAN files.  To do this requires
some knowledge of the way variables are named and how the common blocks are
to be used...How is this done with Cygwin?  A code example for a C file
calling FORTRAN and vice versa would be greatly appreciated.  Are there any
compiler flags (special) needed?

Mike