Re: ifconf

stefan wrote:

> Hello CygWin'ers,
>
> i got two small questions.
> 1) Will there be support for mkfifo() in the cygwin1.dll ? I know POSIX
>    leaves the behaviour of named pipes undocumented, but would be nice
>    to have wrappers for CreateNamedPipe ...

I tried that already half a year ago but ran into problems in
an early stage. So it's still on my TODO list and I'm still
sporadically thinking how to implement that "nice".

One problem is that we would like to support NamedPipes on 9X
as well. This would result in using a similar method as Sergey
Okhapkin introduced when implementing UNIX domain sockets for
Cygwin instead of the pure NT/W2K method of using native named
pipes.

However, patches are gratefully accepted (C)cgf

> 2) I noticed you can list network devices and addresses. Here is what i
>    got:
>
> --- list of local interfaces you can start ip services on ---
>                                      lo0: 127.0.0.1
>                                     eth0: 192.168.2.7
>                                     eth1: 0.0.0.0
>
>    On the other hand i coded the same for my MingW32 port and got this:
>
> --- list of local interfaces you can start ip services on ---
>                             PPP Adapter.: 0.0.0.0
>                     Novell 2000 Adapter.: 192.168.2.7
>                MS TCP Loopback interface: 127.0.0.1
>
>    Is it possible to determine if a device is "eth" or "ppp" ? The "eth1"
>    in the upper list (with cygwin) should be: "ppp0" or something likely.
>    I am using the old CygWinB20.1 so this might be outdated. Please tell
>    me if so ?!

It should be outdated. Try using the latest net release it should
result in sth you like to see:

--- list of local interfaces you can start ip services on ---
                                     lo0: 127.0.0.1
                                    eth0: 192.168.2.7
                                    pppX: 0.0.0.0

with X corresponding to the NdisWan interface:

	NdisWan7 <=> ppp7

If you get problems, keep me informed (through the mailing list, please)

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@cygnus.com