Link "bash" to "ksh" to be more "portable"?

I often see Java libraries/packages that provide pairs of scripts, as
a "bat" file and a Korn shell script.  It's sort of annoying when I
see that I can't use either of them directly from a Bash shell.

Is it reasonable to link "bash.exe" to "ksh.exe" in the Cygwin
distribution?  Is there any feature in Korn shell that is NOT in Bash,
or any other reason why this might be a bad thing to do?

I guess one other annoyance is the "whence" subcommand in Korn shell.
That apparently isn't present in Bash.  It should be easy enough to
write a script for it, but that's just another thing to take care of.

I'm aware of the recently mentioned incantation to run a ".bat" file
from Cygwin.  I would guess that a very simple "cygrunbat" script
could encapsulate this.