RE: CVS install

<SNIP >

> Well, I just tried a 'cvs init' with CVSROOT=some_dir_on_a_FAT_drive
> (but under WINNT) and it worked fine -- both with and without 'ntea' in
> the CYGWIN variable.
>
> On my WinNT test, strace cvs init has the following two lines:
>  4197 7043381 [main] cvs 1444 _link: cannot write linkname, Win32 error
> 1
> 53654 7097035 [main] cvs 1444 _link: 0 = link (.#1444.pag, .#1444.dir)
>
> the "cannot write linkname, Win32 error 1" message is missing in Sagar's
> strace from a Win9x system.  Does the link(hardlink) command fail
> gracefully on FAT partitions under WinNT, but die a horrible death on a
> Win9x system?
>
> Comments, anyone?

I know that this isn't directly related to the question under discussion,
but I use CVS on Win98 at home to connect to a remote CVS server and it
works fine for me except for the following problem:

When used with SSH, cvs command output happily appears, but after the cvs
command has completed, control isn't returned to the bash prompt.  I have to
Ctrl-C to regain control.  Not too much of an inconvenience, but I do have
to check that the cvs command has really finished by monitoring my network
connection.

SSH by itself seems fine, so I'm not sure where the problem lies.  I'll try
to do some more investigation tonight.

Graham