Binary package CVS using OpenSSH hang under Win98...

I am a COMPLETE newbie to cygwin.  I am a longtime Linux user having
to deal with Win32 development again.  I want to use my current Linux
sshd-based CVS repository for this new project.  What I have done:

I just downloaded the setup.exe file from cygwin's ftp site, ran it,
selected install from Internet, used the defaults for install locations,
and then only selected the cvs, gdbm, cygwin, and openssh packages for
install.  From there, I added the c:\cygwin\bin directory to my path,
created a c:\cygwin\home\friar\.ssh directory tree
added 3 environment variables:

	set HOME=c:\cygwin\home\friar
	set CVS_RSH=ssh
	set CVSROOT=friar@<testip>:/test/cvsroot

to my autoexec.bat and was ready to roll.  I can run ssh directly
to connect to the server shell accounts securely.

The only catch I've found so far is that it can't seem to "finish"
cvs commands.  CVS is left in a hung state after it's done performing the
command tasks.

I see in the mailing list archives that someone reported a similar bug
neer the end of August.  Has there been any progress on this?
I can't seem to find any follow-up information.  Can anyone see something
I may have missed?  I am not a member of this list so please reply direct
to me.

--friar