Re: Using Visual C++ under Cygwin build system

--- Chad Loder <cloder@acm.org> wrote:
> Hello. I am developing a build system using Cygwin (GNU make, bash,
> etc.) on Windows 2000.

You might just want to use automake, autoconf and libtool.  AFAIK, they are
supporting VC++ syntax.

> Some of our subsystems must be built using Visual C++. Obviously
> Visual C++ will not understand paths like "/c/foo/bar.c" (where
> /c is the Cygwin mounted C: drive). However, since GNU make will
> be producing targets and processing prerequisites with precisely
> those kinds of paths, I foresee problems.

You should be able to use c:/foo/bar.c as a path name.  You may also want to
check the -win32 switch to the make command.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com