Re: Building C-Kermit (6.0.192) with Cygwin 1.1

At 01:17 PM 10/8/2000, Jeff wrote:
>I wouldn't expect anyone on this list to work out the particuars for
>me if they weren't planning to build Kermit for themselves also.  I
>also expect that I will want to build other packages with Cygwin that
>may require selecting makefile targets for specific systems.  That is
>why I asked the above question in more general terms.  I would *still*
>like to know which flavor of Unix Cygwin is based on, most closely
>resembles, etc.!
>
>Jeff

Jeff,

Cygwin isn't based on any particular flavor of UNIX.  Trying Linux or
FreeBSD flavors may make things work in some cases.  Its doubtful that this
will be a general "fix" for you though.  Usually running "configure" will
allow you to build a package without getting into particular #ifdefs.  Its
generally recommended that you go this route before anything else.  If this
doesn't work, you're stuck trying to resolve the individual problems as you
find them (and/or experiment with setting various defines to the options you
find used in the code of the package).

I expect this information doesn't help too much but it should, at least,
keep you from waiting forever for an answer to a question that no one can
really help with in any definitive terms...