Re: RFC: linux compatibility

> Paragraph 2 talks about Linux as a compatiblity reference.  Is this
> a combination specification and reference platform?

It implies the specifications that the reference platform uses.  In
the case of Linux, POSIX is the spec they follow.

> You should go further: "Red Hat Linux as the reference platform".

I wanted to avoid nepotism ;-)

I'm OK if people agree that "Red Hat Linux" is suitable for "Red Hat
Cygwin" to be modelled after.

> But I want a spec to be a spec - you can go out and buy
> (unfortunately, yes you must buy) the Posix specs and read the
> commentary in the back section and get feedback about why an issue
> was settled between disparate groups in a given manner.

Since Linux follows POSIX, you can still do this.  However, POSIX only
covers a small portion of what Linux provides.

> I'm against something that expects sprinklings of "#include
> <linux/foo.h>".

Yes, of course we'll skip *that* part.  If you want linux, buy linux.