Re: static linking in dll's

--- Tim Reed <timr@viaworks.com> wrote:
> If that is the case, what is the purpose of libcrtdll.a and dllcrt1.o in
> the lib directory of the mingw package? I would think that you'd be able
> to link to these libraries statically.

The libcrtdll.a is the static import libraries which resolve the address of the
function within the crtdll.  This is not the same as statically linking the
functions of the dll with your executable.  The dllcrt1.o is used to initialize
the dll and to provide a default entry point for the dll.  If you wish to use
those all you need is -mno-cygwin in your compilations and linking.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com