Re: Solution: Exporting symbols from an executable

> > The main thing I was missing is that you HAVE to create a .exp file.
> > Since most other dlltool functionality is subsumed by ld, I wonder why
> > this isn't.  Or if there's some option that I couldn't figure out.
>
> Setting up the exports is only done when building a dll (--shared).  I
> don't see why it couldn't be enabled for all cases, but usually exe's
> don't need one.

(Disclaimer: ) I haven't studied spec files, so I don't know much
about option processing.

But if I were to add setting up exports even when doing an exe, would
that be done as

1. a command line option?

2. in the code, where the default for a dll is to export everything,
   for an exe is to export nothing, and if there are explicit def files
   (or dllexports) then just do whatever is specified?

--
Regards