Re: gdb/CYGWIN

Strange stuff. I think it has to do with stdio.

     gdb -nw granular-gcc.exe
     break main
     run
(breaks at main)
     disassemble main
     0x40107c <main>:
     0x40107d <main+1>:
     ... (more addresses, no instructions)
     push %ebpmov %esp,%ebpsub $0x28,$espcall 0x401170 <__main>movl
$0s0,...

It prints a bunch of addresses, then it prints the assembly language.

Continuing, I hit stepi and it prints C language lines (compiled with -g).
It prints the lines multiple times
because there are probably multiple assembly language instructions on for
some C lines. It gets
to GetTickCount() and I stepi into it. Gdb -nw says
     0x401300 in GetTickCount@0 ()
Then I type
     disassemble GetTickCount
and it says
     No symbol "GetTickCount" in current context.

I don't know what is going on here.

Ed

PS. On the assembly language print out issue. there is another
manifestation of a stdio issue. The
DC program waits until I exit before it prints anything. Somehow, it thinks
it's writing to a buffered stream and does not
emit stuff to the bash or cmd.exe console screen until exit.

Your Windows 2000 Arborist
T/L 589-4410; Outside: 1-919-993-4410
egb@us.ibm.com

Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> on 10/17/2000 01:44:45 PM