Re: Question

At 08:49 AM 10/18/2000, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using cygwin 1.1.2 to develop Windows programs such
>as the port of apcupsd (APC UPS monitor) to Windows, and
>first off, I'd like to congratulate you on version 1.1.2.
>It is a major improvement since B20, and I thank you for
>all your hard work. I especially like the more traditional
>directory structure of the new version.
>
>I have several questions:
>
>1. I'm trying to write a small program that will send an
>email message (somewhat like /bin/mail). However,
>I get the following error message when linking my program:
>
>gcc -g -O2 -mwindows -mno-cygwin -o email email.o -luser32 -lgdi32
>-lmapi32
>email.o: In function `WinMain':
>/home/kern/apcupsd/k/win32/email.c:61: undefined reference to
>`MAPISendMail@20'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>The program is rather simple and makes only one call to MAPISendMail.
>Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I've tried compiling/linking with
>and
>without the -mno-cygwin option and get the same results.

Looks like libmapi32.a doesn't have this API.  Is it supposed to?  If so,
you need to create a new import library from the DLL (see the User Guide
for details on how you might do this).  If its not supposed to have this
API, you need to find the library that does.

>2. Is there a way to know what Win API's (entry points) are resolved by
>each
>of the libxxx.a files in /usr/lib?

Try nm, just like on UNIX.

>3. When I do a cygcheck -s -v -r, I get a lot of registry entries that
>seem
>to be related to the earlier versions (B20 and possibly b15?).  Is there
>any way to clean this up?  I attach the output to this email for your
>reference.

Delete what you don't want in the registry editor.  Looks to me like the
references you have to B20 are related to some install of the GNUPro stuff.
Only you can determine whether getting rid of that tree is appropriate.

>By the way, there seems to be a memory leak or resource leak somewhere in
>the cygwin system because if I do several ./configure commands under bash,
>I am forced to reboot my Win98 system because it becomes painfully slow.

You might try a recent snapshot, with all the normal caveats.