Re: cygwin on a 386?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 09:23:37PM -0500, Chris Abbey wrote:
>I have two very fuzzy recollections that may help... The first is that
>when I first got hooked on cygwin (beta 1x, 3<=x<=5 ??) my main machine
>would have been a 386Dx w/387 co-proc so unless I learned to love cygwin
>somewhere else (not likely because while I used a LOT of other machines
>back then, it was rare to use the same one more than once, and even rarer
>for me to be able to install software on anything.) The second is that
>a friend in uni was screaming about not being able to get it to work in
>the "pc emulator" software he used on his mac. I still have the 386dx
>mobo and memory, and ide card if you need a testbed to actually try this
>on.... yours for the price of shipping & handling ;)

Interesting.

I am sure that I have a 386 motherboard (and maybe a whole computer) sitting
around somewhere but I'm sure it has never run Windows 95.  I don't look
forward to trying to install Windows 95 on anything like this, so I'm
hoping that someone else might be happily (a relative term) using cygwin
on their ancient system and will chime in here.

Cygwin not working in a PC emulator could be due to unimplemented Win32
functions.  That's why cygwin doesn't work in Wine currently.

Thanks for the info.

cgf