New GCC test release available

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:39:48PM -0400, Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM wrote:
>If I knew which list to send email to I would try to prevail on the gcc/cpp
>owner to fix the problem.  Apparently, it sees
>     LF
>     CRLF
>ok, and
>     \LF
>ok, but
>     \CRLF
>gets broken.  It seems like an easy fix.  That way people wouldn't have
>to worry about the exact format of header files in /usr/include.

Gee.  You'd "prevail", would you?  You're willing to take time to "prevail"
but not to investigate the problem and provide an "easy" fix?

How helpful.

Well, coincidentally, I have recently asked DJ to look into a fix for
gcc.  He's provided one and I've generated a new, test release with his
patch.  It is now available on mirrors.

This is a test version of gcc, so you have to choose it appropriately
when running setup.exe.

The only fix in this release is the CRLF problem in cpp.  There are no
other changes from the previous version.

Ironically, the version of gcc that we ship to customers has had this
problem fixed already.  So, I actually scheduled DJ's time to work on
this net release issue.  But, I'm sure that is exactly what everyone
expects.  After all, doesn't Red Hat have a staff of engineers devoted
to nothing else but scanning the cygwin mailing list and listening to
user gripes?

Anyway, please send success or failure reports to the mailing list.  If
this solves everyone's problems, I'll remove the "test" distinction.

You're welcome, by the way.

cgf