RE: bison having ^M problems?

At 01:48 PM 11/3/2000, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> [...]

I think we need to keep focused here on what the issue is.  We're looking
to set this by default to something that causes the least amount of trouble
for the "average" user.  Most wouldn't even understand the reason for the
option in setup if there was one.  Its too obscure.  Judging by the number of
queries to the list that have the current default as the root of the problem,
the scope of this issue is clearly unwieldy.  Regardless, changing the
default does not eliminate any options.  The option exists already and is
set to a default by setup.  Jason merely intends to make the setting of this
default less arbitrary.  His change won't eliminate the option but will
attempt to make the default more appropriate and consistent with other
settings which the user can control in setup.  The option to change this
after-the-fact still exists and will always be there.