Re: [PORTS] Re: ps and psql from PostgreSQL not working with cygwin-1.1.5-2

Jason Tishler wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 04:37:16PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > I don't suppose that you can see any way to fix Cygwin to "do the right
> > thing" can you?
>
> I'm under the impression that Cygwin is "doing the right thing."  If I'm
> misguided (yet again), then Cygwin should map WinSock WSAEWOULDBLOCK to
> EINPROGRESS as in my second patch which is re-attached to this email.
> This would behavior would at least match better with some man pages
> for connect.  I'm not that experienced with sockets, so I don't know
> what else this patch will break.

That's the problem. I thought about changing the behaviour of connect
two weeks ago. I'm not sure if it makes sense to change the error code
translation table for exactly that reason: Who knows what that would
break? Perhaps it's better to change only the connect call to return
EINPROGRESS. On the other hand Winsock seem to have interchanged the
meaning of WOULDBLOCK and INPROGRESS (by mistake?). Hmmm.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com